Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ignorance is Entertaining

There's no question that ignorance is entertaining. With ignorance being so rampant these days, there are a lot of people who will continue to keep us entertained for a long time. For example, here's a photo on a billboard alongside a major interstate in a metropolitan area near my home:


Yes, buy your boat from the real pro is! What I want to know is how somebody could have let that apostrophe make it through design and printing without noticing it. I guess everybody who proofed that design didn't know the difference between a plural and a possessive. Ugh. Here's another wonderful example:


Sharp employees at that Hobby Lobby! It's a good thing that their clock movements include hand is. One final example:


This is a sign backstage at a popular music venue. Remember, fellow musicians, no bottle is are allowed beyond the sign! Also, the word "pass" is curious here. It works, but my first choice would have been to use the word "past." And I would have put "please" after "point." Oh, well. I won't get too nit-picky.

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment